Energy saving tool
Guidance tool on energy efficiency and renewable energy for companies in the maritime cluster
Project in the background
Energy Efficiency of Maritime Cluster in Satakunta, Finland (SataMari)
The aim of the SataMari project was to improve the energy efficiency of the maritime cluster in Satakunta region, Finland. The project focused to find practical solutions to enhance energy efficiency but also to increase awareness and competitiveness of the region. The guidance tool (energy saving tool) was developed for companies to improve their energy efficiency and increase renewable energy usage in the maritime cluster.
Pilot sites in Rauma, Finland
Pilot sites in the project, led by Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK), were SeaSide Industry Park Rauma and Port of Rauma area. The key cooperation companies were Rauman Meriteollisuuskiinteistöt Ltd, Euroports Rauma Ltd and Port of Rauma Ltd. There were 20 maritime cluster companies participating to the SataMari project. The project was implemented in 2018–2020 and it was financed by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Satakunta University of Applied Sciences.
- Duration: 1.1.2018–31.12.2020
- Budget: total budget 228 267 € (ERDF: 157 787 €)
- Financiers: European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK)
- Project is coordinated by
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences
- Project leader: Minna Keinänen-Toivola, minna.keinanen-toivola(at)samk.fi, +358 44 710 3063.
- The current status and experience on energy efficiency preparedness to environmental legislation of the Satakunta maritime clusters was studied.
- The awareness was raised in events, articles and social media, among other things.
- Piloted energy efficient solutions in maritime industry with the aspects of legislation, technologies and cost-efficiency.
- Guidance and a decision making tool was developed for companies to generate new energy efficient solutions.
- The competitiveness of the region is increased to meet the new environmental legislation.
Vision of the project:
“Satakunta has the leading expertize on energy efficiency of the maritime cluster in Europe by year 2022”.
Videos produced in the project
Video about implementing a solar power plant in maritime cluster. The Video introduces a solar power plant case from SeaSide Industry Park Rauma. What martime cluster companies, close to sea, should take into account? Is PPA model suitable? There are interviews of the solar power plant's user (Rauman Meriteollisuuskiinteistöt Ltd/SeaSide Industry Park Rauma), system provider and designer (Naps Solar Group) and investor (Rauman Energia Ltd) in the video.
More videos in our YouTube channel.